Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Girlie Girl in Action





My girlie girl has been taking art classes since the end of October. Her art teacher told us about an art competition in our city and we entered one of her pastel drawings.  Out of 800 students she was picked as one of the top 20!  We were so honored for her to be chosen.  We went to the ceremony to see if she would be chosen as "People Choice."  We made an evening of it.  Went to dinner, walked around, looked at the art and then waited for the announcement.  As we were waiting, my girlie girl whispers in my ear "Remember Mom, it is an honor for me to even be in the top 20!" Umm, yes, I know... I am thinking... I am the one that is supposed to be saying that to you! Anyway, they announce the winners for 1st through 4th... and then onto her age group 5th-8th... AND SHE WON!!!!  Both her daddy and I got teary eyed! I could not even get my camera out fast enough! We were so excited and proud of her!  She is so talented!

Blessings,
Kim


Psalm 113:9 He gives the childless woman a family,
      making her a happy mother.

   Praise the Lord! NLT

8 comments:

  1. She REALLY is! Her pastel drawing of dolphins is full of life and love! What a precious girl, having all that inside of her! I can't wait to see future pieces. You have an artist in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for her! Congratulations. The painting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh!!! I'm soooooo proud of you!!!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a beautiful talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how exciting!!! What an honor and what a beautiful work of art. I love dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous pastel! Tell your daughter congratulations!! What an exciting evening for her, I'm sure!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete