Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

What Am I Reading???


I find it much more difficult to take the time to read in this stage of my life.
I can and will blame it mostly on two things...
One... I get way more distracted... I blame that on hormones : /
And two...
FACEBOOK!!!! 
Which is one huge reason why I get so distracted! LOL!
Back in the day, Before Facebook days, I would spend 30 mins in my bed before I went to sleep, reading.
Now, I spend 30
mins trolling on Facebook.  Ack! I hate it!
So this year, or more specifically in the last month, I have decided to force myself to put my stupid phone down and READ!!!!!

So far, I have read "Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee and
I am currently reading "Brooklyn" by Colm Toibin and "Emotional Purity" by Heather Arnel Paulsen. I am reading that book with the young ladies in my disciple group.

I am also listening to "Screwtape Letters" By C.S. Lewis.
I read that book years ago to my boy when I was homeschooling but thought I would listen to it.
It is soooo good, btw!

So there you have it...
True confessions about my life and what I am doing with my time...

Blessings,
Kim

6 comments:

  1. Definitely a love/hate relationship with Facebook! I have been reading more lately. I love reading! I just can't read fiction books during the day because I tend to totally neglect the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have threatened to get off Facebook AGAIN....best 6 months of my LIFE! But it's hard because of family over seas, kids and grandkids far away, etc. So I limit it to 20 mins in the morning, when I am in the car (not driving) and waiting somewhere. LOVE Screwtape Letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stepped away from it for Lent. It has been so nice BUT I've been annoyed by how much my family spends on it... how much my eyes were opened to all of us. I miss seeing my friends posts though!

    My son just read Screwtape and I was going to read it after him... you reminded me. I read 8 books in two weeks. And I still made meals for my family {that is a joke here... I tend to get reading and not make dinner}.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great Kristal! I am still slowly reading "Brooklyn." I should go on a fast from it as well
      :)

      Delete