Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Time


This week we had some fun getting into pumpkins!  Literally!  We went off to the pumpkin patch to pick out some fun cute pumpkins.  It actually turned quite chilly that night and we almost froze but we endured and found a couple of cuties.

The next night we carved out some cute designs and roasted the seeds!  Yummo!  To roast the seeds just rinse them and put them on a cookie sheet with salt.  Roast at 250 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours.  Yummy!

5 comments:

  1. I picked up some small pumpkins for my kiddos last minute last weekend. I plan to post pictures today. Their dad carved them as they described what kind of face they wanted. The pumpkins turned out great. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never got around to getting our pumpkin this year, even though we did go to the pumpkin patch (they're too expensive there). We will make some pumpkin pie soon though, from canned pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I missed the "rinsing step" and that's why my pumpkin seeds never turned out that yummy.

    Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. It was such an encouragment to me! Satan likes to try to make me think I'm the only one who struggles with those feelings and it's such a blessing to meet someone else who has walked this road, too. Thanks again!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete