Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

365-199-203 Haiti part 3....







This is Rodna...
she pronounced it Woodna..

She is 13 as well...
Her story is that she has been in the orphanage since October 2014....
Her mom is dead. She did not tell me much and nothing about her father.

She followed me around the entire time and hung out with me.  We played cards a lot... 
btw, they are all very serious about a card came and for the life of me I could not figure it out... : )
But she always took care of me and made sure I was playing right.  I would hold the cards and she would look at them and she would take them out of my hand and help me play.
I apparently won a few times.  I have no idea how?

She also liked to braid my pony tail.
Everyday when I would come in she would take my pony tail and braid it.
Tiny little braids...

One afternoon she fell asleep on my lap...
It was a precious time...
It was a warm afternoon and we had been playing all day so we sat down for a bit...
She laid her head on my lap and fell asleep.
I rubbed her back...
My girlie loves for me to rub her back so I figured she would too...
and she did...

Sweet girlie...
Pray for her...

Also pictured are the desks that the team made while we were there....

The 10 days went too fast...

Blessings,
Kim



4 comments:

  1. So precious! It must have been so hard to leave. I have to say that Emamie is the one who really grabbed me. Her eyes are so much older than she is. I wish I could give them all back the innocence of childhood, before they were hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the desks. Amazing. Praying for these girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the desks you built! What a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots Kim, to capture a special time and these special girls that caught your heart.

    ReplyDelete