Monday, June 27, 2011
I am trying to catch up with my 365. We had a work weekend and took a small load to my new home. My friend Denise and her kids came along and we worked hard and got a lot done. Finally, on Sunday, we decided to take a break and visit the beach. It was nice to just sit. We did not have much time because we had to drive home but none the less we had fun.
It is pretty where I am moving... but oh, boy it is hard to leave my home.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
I am a bit behind posting these....
Crazy life over here...
How about the first one.... I normally do not post pictures of other people's children but I knew the mudder would not care. He has a "New York" attitude going on...
Monday, June 20, 2011
161. Father's day celebrations with my daddy, hubby and my son. So nice to get together...
161. My teenage boy growing so fast and now working as a Life Guard. Knowing who his Life Guard is makes it easier to send him out.
162. I did get a tear in my eye when I dropped him off at the pool. Seeing the man he is becoming makes me long for the days when I held him in my arms but rejoice at who and what he has become and who he will be.
163. Boxes everyone... one by one packing my life away....
164. Running with my friend... I know the time is short and all too soon I will be running alone again. Oh, I will miss you Denise!
165. Finding old bible study notes and loving the depth of my walk with Jesus. Knowing that there is always room for more growth. Jesus, I want more of You!
166. Finishing a book with my kids....Last of the Chronicles of Narnia (The Last Battle). So good!
167. Short weekend with my hubby and can't wait to be in the same state. Missing him like crazy!
168. New running shoes...
169. Loving on my grandson...
170. Making plans for my other grandson to come and visit. Can't wait to kiss his face!!!
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
A little dirt never hurt anyone! Right? We visited some caves while at family camp. My kids love to crawl through the openings. I wait outside for them to come out and I take their pictures.... This time there was mud in the caves because of so much snow this winter. The kids came out covered! They had fun... and the clothes came clean.
Monday, June 13, 2011
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Promotion Night has come and gone. I have been out of the loop and a little behind with the posting. These are a recap of last weeks promotion night and talent show for the homeschool group. My girlie girl sang "Never Alone" and my boy played a piece on the piano and played with the worship band. The other moms also gave me flowers and gift cards for a going away present. That was the last event that I will oversee as the homeschool leader. It was bitter sweet. This also marks the end of the school year and the beginning of summer! Yeah!
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
A little behind with the posting....
This is our last week of school (yeah!!!) Two more days to be exact. Friday night we will have our promotion night and graduation for our group. After that, my job as home school overseer/leader is over. I have been the overseer of our group for 6 years now. It has been a roller coaster ride. At times, I have been at the peak and very happy serving and at other times I have been in the valley. All in all, I would not take it back. I have grown closer to the Lord during this time and I have grown spiritually. That is really why I started this entire adventure. I wanted to serve the Lord. At times, I would get my eyes off of Jesus and that is usually when I ended up in the low valleys.
One of the events that we planned was a high school formal. The teens got all decked out and so did the parents :) We all went to a country club, ate great food and lined danced! So fun and way different than formals of my day. We had as many adults there as teens. Wow! What a great night. After, we went bowling and then to a movie... So sweet and so innocent. It is 180 degrees different when you walk with the Lord!
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.