Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Not Back-to-School Blog Hop

Not Back to School Blog Hop
Wow! Summer flew by and here we are on the cusp of our next school year. My boy will be in 10th and my girlie girl in 6th. I can't believe that I am still home schooling. Only by the grace of my Jesus!
Anyway, this is what we are using this year. Very similar to last year, with a little change here and there.

10th Grade Boy

Sonlight Core 300 History, Bible, and Literature
Bob Jones Geometry
Apologia Chemistry
Easy Grammar
Writing Class through our co-op
Alpha Omega Geography
PE-co-op
Music-continue with piano and guitar

Extra: Read- Start Here by Alex and Brett Harris also read "Practical Happiness" by Bob Schultz

6th Grade Girlie

Sonlight Core 5 History, Bible, Readers and Read Alouds
Sonlight Science
Teaching Textbook 7th grade
Spelling Power
Easy Grammar
Writing Co-op
PE:co-op
Music-continue with piano and voice lessons
Extra:
Starting a bible study for moms and daughters called "Bright Lights." Just got it and it looks great!

This is my hmmmm.... can't remember exactly... I have been home schooling since my boy was 3. I was one of those excited mommies that could not wait to home school. I guess this would be like year 11 counting Kindergarten. Which I did... and I might add was so fun. Oh, to go back...for just a week. So easy... oh, mommies, don't sweat the small stuff. Make it fun and exciting. There are plenty of years of hard core work. Enjoy the moment.

Blessings,
Kim

5 comments:

  1. A great list - are you worried about Core 5? I hear it is a lot of work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired just looking at your list. :) Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks for stopping by my blog-and yes I did HS my older two. My dd who is now 22 started being HSed starting her 2nd grade year (but I was doing so much stuff with her and did Pre-K with her so I did HS and didn't know it-LOL) all the thru graduation. DS who is 20, he went to our church's Pre-K program then was HSed from K-12. My soon to be 16 yold dd has been HSed since she was 2 (cuz she wanted to do "school" too like the big kids) and my 9 yold ds has been HSed since about 2 as well-I will take em both thru to graduation too.

    We love SL and the 5th level is one of my favs! Good choices there and have a super year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! on that last part!

    I can't believe people who do two separate cores Yikes! I guess your boy is old enough to do a lot on his own though.

    Have a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mother-daughter Bible study sounds like so much fun. Praying for blessed times with that study for you both!

    ReplyDelete